Re: RE: Re: Timing Chain - UPDATE!

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 12:16:39 EST

I called the guy that sold me the parts. He said that the V8 does have the
tensioner. Jon, maybe we're not one the same page as to what we're calling
the 'tensioner'. It's basically a fairly big piece that bolts behind the
chain. On the left side, there is what looks to be a piece of spring steel
and plastic (I think plastic, don't have it in front of me). Anyway, this
piece runs on the outside of the chain...like a guide. I doubt that it's
constantly touching, but must sit pretty close. Got anything like that on
your dak? Guess the guy could be wrong...but he's been the most
knowledgeable guy at a dealership I've talked with.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
ww.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/