RE: Synthetic automatic transmission fluid - DaimlerChrysler reply

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 10:34:02 EST

There's no question about Mobil 1. It does not have the friction modifiers
in it, i.e., +3 type 7176. The talk here is about Amsoil which does have
friction modifiers in it. In any case I wouldn't mess with the 45RFE
transmission either. We don't know enough about it yet. It's already
having some problems being so new. There's no use introducing other
problems until they get all the existing ones squared away.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD