RE: Overhead Console Computer

From: Kenneth Eng (keng@novadigm.com)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 09:28:53 EST

Ryan,

I did this on my 98 CC. I installed the OHC minus the computer as it is
very costly for the hardware and very involved to wire up the sensors to the
computer. I just have the lights, sunglass holder, garage door opener, and
clip in it. Please note that the headliner and sun visors that are
currently in your truck are not the ones for the trucks that comes from the
factory with the OHC. With mine the sun visors are wider. The headliner is
also thicker in the area where the OHC back shell would be located. I
managed to install the OHC with some minor modifications. Also when
installed using the non-OHC headliner, the front of the headliner will be
about 1" lower as the back shell of the OHC will prevent the headliner from
being installed flush to the top of the windshield. You will not be able to
use the clips that currently holds the sun visor in the center of the
headliner as the OHC will occupy that area. The longer sun visors can still
be reinstalled by drilling a hole on each side of the OHC outer shell and
inserting the pins of the sun visors into them. If you have any more
question feel free to ask.

Ken