New to the list, Dakota arrives Thursday!

From: James Rupprecht (jimrupp@falcon.cc.ukans.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 23:34:53 EST

Hey all...

Ordered a Dakota Quad 4x4 early in January, taking a chance on the rebates.
The final deal I struck with the dealer was that at delivery, I would pay
the price we negotiated minus any customer rebates AND dealer cash
incentives. I then joined farm bureau :).

Looking at the incentives pages on some of the web sites out there, I see
mention of a $3000 dealer incentive. Anyone know what the exact terms on
this are? I'd love to be able to subtract another 3k from my price (who
wouldn't?).

Also, I plan on replacing the factory wheels and rubber (16x8 alloys w/265
tires) at delivery time with steel rims and BFG tires. Anyone in my area
(kansas city) have any ideas about who may be interested in buying the
factory gear?

For those who are interested, I ordered a Black 4x4 SLT+ with 40/20/40,
alarm, tow, hd svc, ph mirrors, slider, fogs, 3.55 lsd, 4.7 auto, RAZ,
skids, t&h, A/C, DCG. MSRP 28,715; Invoice 26,332, negotiated 25,990 plus a
$89.50 junk fee. With rebates, I am down to $23579.50. Planning on adding
an ARE lid, rhino liner and steel wheels.

-Jim