Re: Water Pump Update; Still Leaking

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 01:09:56 EST

Are you talking about that pipe that goes into the W/P on the driver side?
I did my timing chain a while back and had to remove the water pump along
with that pipe (weird design IMO)

I tapped the pipe back in too, and it leaked the first time, so I bought
this stuff called "The Right Stuff" basically it's a gasket maker, applied
some to the pipe and shoved it back in. No leaks to date. Maybe a really
flexible RTV might work in your application also.
-Chuong

It did seem like th o-ring which came
with the new pump was puny, so I am going to run by the dealer tomorrow and
see if I can buy this o-ring and hopfully it will be thicker. Any clues how
how else to seal this heater pipe to the pump?????????? Other than the
o-ring, is there any thing else that needs to be put on to additionally help
seal this frigin pipe?? Looks like I am getting a ride to work tomorrow.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6