Re: Amsoil in Transfer Case?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 19:02:59 EST

> I just bought a case of Amsoil ATF (ATF +4) and will change my tranny
fluid
> this weekend. I remember someone saying that they put Mobil 1 in their
> transfer case and it wouldn't work right after that. Will the Amsoil be
ok
> in my transfer case?

Russ,
I am using normal ole Amsoil ATF in my truck's tcase, but the ATF+4 should
be fine also, as long as it says on their 7176 ATF+3 compliant, which I
believe it does. I did use that Mobil 1 ATF crap once, and once only. It
wouldnt let me engage 4HI nor 4LO, out it came and back in went Amsoil. It
has worked great since then. Amsoil ATF is a great choice for tcase fluid in
my opinion.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6