Re: 1992 Dakota Engine Swap--EGR

From: Jim Yeagley (jyeag@core.com)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 20:08:25 EST

> sounds kinda ambiguous (no offense meant Shane...) by definition EGR
brings
> exhaust gas back into the incoming air... what would the mechanism of air
> flow from exh->int be if the EGR system is run by camshaft overlap?

I've just been reading about cam timing issues. Specifically, individual
cam lobe timing (and the resulting overlap) could leave some exhaust gasses
in the cylinder. I guess this would have the same result as returning some
of the exhaust to the incoming mixture. Just not sure how they could get it
to work at only certain rpm's and not at others. Seems to me this type of
cam design would work opposite of the performance design suggestions that
I've been reading though.

Jim