been itchin' for some fun!!

From: Steve & Leslie (slarunde@bardstown.com)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 08:27:16 EST

Since the weather had been a little warmer and the install of the new hood,
we had been itchin' to really try it out. We finally got our chance last
night while driving out on a newly widened (4 lanes) straight section of
country roads. This Chevy 1500 4x4 ext cab comes flying up behind us, I
think hmmm could be interesting but don't pursue it. Then a little ways down
the road we both get stopped at a red light, him on the right, us on the
left. I'm thinking, nows the chance to see what we can do.... waiting for
the light to change... watching it closely... There it is and we're gone,
he sees us take off fast and steps on it hard but our rear bumper is already
past his front bumper. He slowly begins to gain ground somewhere between 45
and 55 but never comes past our front door. It looks like he is trying to
read our badge on the fender and see if it's a V6 or V8. We're fast
approaching 70 and pulling away from him again, 75+ and he is loosing ground
fast, so I figure ok that's enough and let off of it a bit. He continues on
but doesn't look our way again.

--
Steve & Leslie Runde
'00 QC SLT+ 3.9 3.55 Black w/Light Driftwood, Leer cap, "Shaker" hood