Re: Tranny slipping, maybe?????

From: Daniel D (barracuda19@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 20:12:11 EST

Adjust the throttle linkage. mine was doing to same thing. go to
www.fast4x4.net Jon has pics on how to adjust it.

Daniel

From: rsuter@bizfon.com
To: dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET
Subject: DML: Tranny slipping, maybe?????
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:28:03 -0500

I know it's been mentioned before, but I don't recall seeing any
conclusions.....

Under moderate to less-than-heavy acceleration, my '99 5.2l *seems* to
"slip"
from 1st gear into second. It's barely noticeable right now at 31,000 miles,
but
if it really is slipping, I suspect it won't get better on it's own. During
this
"slip" the RPMs only go up slightly, maybe 100-300, it's so small that it's
hard
to see on the tach, but it can be heard.

Anyone else got this "feature"? Done anything about it yet?

thanks,

Rick