The Dodge Experience.

From: Guy DeMaio III (G3D@g3-systems.com)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 21:43:17 EST

I recently purchased a 2001 Dakota Quad Cab 4.7 5-Speed Sport 4x4.

It was purchased on Wednesday 2/7/01.

It broke down Saturday 2/10/01. You cannot get it into gear and
the clutch feels very easy to press.

It was towed to my local dealer on Monday 2/12/01.

They looked at it and said it needed a hydraulic cylinder, it
would be a few days.

Friday the 16th rolls around still no part. I call dodge cust.
service and the dood on the phone calls the dealer and says the
part just arrived they are putting it in.

I get excited and go down to the dealer.

THe truck wasn't even in the garage, and the service manager says
the part didn't solve the problem. Said he'd call me monday cuz he
is going to drop the tranny then.

Monday the 19th comes around, no call, so of course I call.
He says the dropped the tranny and it needs a clutch assembly.
(whatever that includes, i dunno.) Said probably be in on
Wednesday. I call dodge cust. service and they say they expidited
the shipping on the clutch assembly or whatever it is.

Wednesday the 21st rolls around and no parts.

Today is thursday.

I call Dodge Cust. Service and basically say what the hell is
going on. They say the part is coming off the assembly line so
thats why it's taking so long. I say haven't you heard of FedEx?
They basically told me to go screw but they did offer me a rental,
but won't pay for anything close to equal of this truck, ya know
they'll give me a stratus or something.

So I basically payed all this money to drive it for 3 1/2 Days,
nevermind the money being paid for it,insurance, etc...

Due to the fact that Dodge customer service does not give 7/8 of a
$hit about me, do you guys have any ideas as to what I should do
beside sit back and drive myself absolutely crazzy?
Thanks...

G3.
2001 Junkota QC.
1998 Avenger.