Fixed!

From: Ray Sulich (ray.sulich@snet.net)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 17:51:14 EST

The metal plate that holds the spare tire under the bed of my truck had
rusted away. I purchased a 5" cleat for a sailboat and a wire clamp. I
cut the old plate off, but left the crimped on end fitting in place. I
looped the cable for the tire crank through the hole in the cleat and used
the wire clamp to keep the cable from pulling out. Works like a champ! If
a cleat will stand up to seawater and hold a boom on a sailboat, I'm pretty
sure it will hold the tire in place.

Bye,
Ray

reply to ray.sulich@snet.net