Re: 4.7 or 5.9?

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 23:13:08 EST

Jason, at this point, I would tell you to get the 360,and the trailer! I
don't really like the 4.7L the more that I deal with it and would take the
360 over it any day.Plus you would get the 46RE tranny which can be upgraded
with the deep pan and shift kits,etc(IE crap that's not available for the
45RFE). I have the 4.7L and would gladly trade it for a 318/360 truck
anyday,even if it meant I had to go automatic.Mine runs like crap-it
constantly gets hot,won't idle for crap,the fan clutch is still screwed,etc.
I would especially opt for the 360/46RE combo if you were going to tow
anything. The 45RFE shifts pretty sloppy and that means heat,and lots of it
during a slippery shift with a heavy trailer.IMO, get a QuadCab
360/46RE/(9.25")3.92SG gears,and add an oil cooler,dual oil filters, Biggest
tranny cooler you can strap on there(preferably electric fan assisted),Shift
kit,Deep pan,And all the other heavy duty stuff.Just my thoughts.HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html