Re: 4.7 or 5.9?..V6 What???

From: David D. (dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 23:12:40 EST

Not all of us are plagued with V6's that ping a lot or a little.
Other than for hauling a trailer,the V6 is plenty..

If i had a choice,i'd go for the 5.9(360)..
(i'm still not sure on the 4.7 thing yet)

>From: "Jason Bleazard" <jbleazard@home.com>
>To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
>Subject: DML: 4.7 or 5.9?
>Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 21:18:17 +0500
>
>Okay, I know this is a FAT (frequently argued topic), but we're trying to
>decide which engine we want in our new Quad Cab 4x4. The archive search
>engine doesn't seem to like searching for numbers (it tells me there have
>been zero articles posted to the DML matching the string "4.7"... that
>just can't be right).
>
>Anyway, this truck will be used for daily driving, highway traveling,
>camping, exploring, just generally taking us wherever we need to go.
>
>My first instinct is to go with the 4.7 for the gas mileage, and to avoid
>the standard belly pan gasket and pinging issues that plague the V6, 318
>and 360.
>
>The reason I'm thinking we might want the 360 (other than bragging
>rights) is that I was thinking about the possibility of getting a flatbed
>trailer and dragging my '95 Dak around on it. I haven't been able to
>find any towing specs on the 4.7 anywhere. This trailer idea isn't
>definite, just a possibility.
>
>Any other issues I'm not considering? Anyone know how much the 4.7 is
>rated to tow?
>
>Thanks,
>Jason

David Digney
President-Wisconsin Chapter of the DML
List Moderator: "DodgeDakotaQuadCab@egroups.com"
SCWD Model Contest Chairman(South Central Wisconsin Division)
00'QC,SLT+,3.9,42RE,3.55,
K&N Home-Brew,Dynomax Super Turbo,Mobil 1 10w30

"My Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Kicks Ass...Magnum Power!"