Re: 4.7 or 5.9?

From: AlexReed (alexreed@home.com)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 05:51:56 EST

Do you want an auto or stick? If your an auto guy, im not sure what I would
recomend. I have a '99 318, manual, 3.55Lsd, and tow anything I need to with
it. The 4.7 is very comparable as far as the performance, so I asume it will
be in the same towing ball bark. The 4.7 should do just fine. The 5.9 may be
excesive, but when you think about it, most people say that a V8 in general
is exesive, so go figure. Oh, I have towed a 4X4 Bronco II on a 1500lbs flat
trailor with combined weight it was around 6500lbs. The truck did great, no
complaning at all!! It was a 250 mile trip one way, on 90 degree day and the
temp never went above the 205 range. So, it boils down to how much to towing
weight. There you go, and hope it helps.

AR