Re: DML Off Topic snowmobile info

From: BASURGOOD@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 20:17:25 EST

Attention Chris :

Theres not much on the net for us snowmobilers , but if you want that mach Z
to really fly you need to perform a few mods . First , you need to get a
set of triple tuned pipes off a 1999 or newer mach ; they had trouble
getting the '98 pipes hot enough to make power . Next get some V- force reeds
. their much more repsonsive than stock reeds . The best bang for the buck is
raising the port timing . Remove your stock head and send to the "Crank Shop
" They will shave the head and send it back with a very thick base gasket .
The thick gasket makes up for what they take off the head , thus giving you
the same compression as a stock 800 . That makes the machine reliable as well
as fast . Throw on a clutch kit from Goodwin performance and hang on for your
life . That will give you aprox. 165 to 170 hp ( by the way , a stock 800 Z
is around 153 hp) . I have those mods done to my '99 mach Z and it eats up 1
liter thundercats . And on pavement she'll do the quarter in 13.2 seconds (
with a gear change of course ) I just wish my R/T could do the same !!!