RE: 4.7L auto tranny

From: Ned Buckmaster (Ned@Buckmaster.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 06:33:15 EST

I have a '00 4.7l auto with 22k miles on it. The only shifting problem I
have is an occasional 'hard' shift from 1 to 2 under normal acceleration.
This happens around once every other week - but definately wakes me up when
it does. It is as if the tranny thinks it is under full power, and uses full
pressure for the shift. There is a service bulletin out - 21-01-00,
Intermittent Harsh Engagement On Certain RE Model Trans, that may address
this but I've not been back to the dealer recently to ask about it...

Other than that, I'm very happy with the tranny and everything else!

Ned