Oil Leak

From: Miles Harris (spikes_duall@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 17:47:17 EST

After my last oil change I noticed some oil residual on the transmission. I
wiped it off hoping it was just leftover oil from them changing the filter
that had migrated. No such luck. After checking to make sure it wasn't
coming from my oil filter (didn't want to look like a fool at least in this
case), I took it to the "Dependable Dodge" dealer around the corner from my
work (that is the dealer's name) this morning. The service advisor wasn't
sure if they could get to it today since he was down some techs, but he
would get to it by tomorrow. I was fine with that since I had the use of
the company truck tonight.

About an hour and half later the guy calls to tell me they checked out the
truck and found not one but two leaks. One at the back corner of the head
and one on the oil pan. He said they had the head gasket but wouldn't have
the pan gasket until tomorrow.

I'm pleased, so far, with the service. Got to the truck faster than stated,
and were through enough to realize there were two leaks. See how it goes
tomorrow.

I'm a, however, a little disappointed that I have an oil leak at 6000
miles. I guest the engine assembler's were thinking about how
DaimlerChrysler was screwing Chrysler as oppose to how they were screwing
in the head and pan. Oh well. That is what warranties are for.

--
Miles Harris III
Simi Valley, CA

"I was a young man that had big plans, now I'm just another s#%$y old man..." Green Day "The Grouch"