Stock Injector Servicing

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 20:39:21 EST

I am hopefully going to send my stock injectors into the following company:
http://www.fuelinjectors.com/
I have sent various emails to this company and have recieved extremely fast
and informative information. Here is what I originally asked both companies:
> Hi there, I own a 93 Dodge Dakota 4x4 V6(3.9L). I recently bought and
>installed a set of Ford MotorSport #19 Injectors. While they did make
>my truck run better, it is also making my truck run rather rich. I am
hoping
>that by re-installing my stock injectors, will cure the rich problem. I
kept my
> stock fuel injectors, and possibly would like to send them to your company
> to get them completely cleaned inside and out, as well as having them
> balanced/blueprinted. The stock injectors have about 130,000 miles on
>them. What is the cost of doing this work for my V6 set of stock injectors?

Their reply:
>"Hi Kyle,Thank you for contacting EPI
>Kyle don't feel bad you are one of MANY who thought bigger was better.
>The cost to clean, test & rebuild set of 6 injectors is $142.95/set
>Out objective is not only to get fuel flow to like new but have injectors
>matched to within 3% or less
>Charge for complete job
>Freight = N/C
>Handling= $3.00
>Insurance= $2.80
>Injectors=$142.95
>Total = $148.75
>Put a note in with the injectors asking for data to include lb/hr.
>I will have to know what fuel pressure ford used to determine there spec.
>Or let me know what the spec is for your engine fuel pressure.
>Were the new Ford injectors the same part number.
>Web site www.fuelinjectors.com
>Yes we do take Visa ort Master care.
>If when you reinstall the original injectors the engine still runs rich
>you might have a sensor going bad
>You will get a data sheet back with the injectors.
>Take care
>Gene
>You will receive a data sheet which will show before and after test results
>If you have any questions give me a call at (562) 693-8236

I tried RC Engineering(http://rceng.com/index.htm) and never recieved an
email back from them.
I also sent, and did recieve, an email to/from Marren Motor
Sports(http://www.injector.com/).
Their response was: "The cost to do your injectors is $142.50. They are in
the shop one to two
working days. We take M/C , Visa.
Tim MMS"

So, I am not 110% still who I am going to send them into. I am going to call
around this week to see if I can work with someone locally to get my stock
injectors cleaned and balanced. If someone in my area can 'rework' my
stockers for $150, then I think I will just have it done locally. I will let
everyone know what I find out.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6