Re: TechStuff/Will/Starkville

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 23:56:42 EST

"Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:

> Hehehehe....There he is. ;)
>
> How ya doin' Frank?

Yeah - no offense to you Frank (and Tom and others - you know who you are) - but
isn't it funny how all of a sudden after someone runs a 9 second ET that now
there are lots more tech stuff flying around. As for the IAT, MAP and TPS stuff
- your buddy Bernd is your best resource there as he has done most of the
testing that everyone else just wonders about. But better than that - he is
MORE than willing to share his results. Lets see them cards yall 8-).

Please don't let this piss off some of you - as it is only meant to bring some
more out so Bernd isn't burdened so much flogging his mule all the time. Lord
knows we've all seen/heard of lots of that 8-)) j/k LOL

Seriously tho - I must give props to Will and the real bad ass Dak. I have to
admit that I was a bit skeptical - until I had one of my MANY friends around the
Starkville area (all were on the lookout for ya bud 8-) check him out and take
my word folks - I haven't seen it in person YET (remember me offering you that
free steak dinner for a peek - Will?) but one of my buddies HAS seen it in
person. In fact, Mr. Will himself gave my friend David (a parts mgr. of a Dodge
dealership somewhere 8-) in MS) a tour of the engine compartment. I'm still
trying to figure out where that track is tho. I've personally raced at the
1/8th mile one in Columbus (what a piece of shit track) - almost went home with
a bullet hole in ME that day and did wind up in the emergency room in Memphis
the next day due to toxic poisening for breathing the air around the track. You
must be going back south towards J-town.

McCool Hall Country Club huh? 8-)) I personally hung out on Engineering Row
(Simrall EE and Butler CS) during my 12 years at MSState (we got some Dawgs up
in here...) We used to call you guys BISQAs (Business Information Systems and
Qualitative Analysis) back in the day...

Oh yeah - WHATEVER you might need down there - I can hook you up. You must come
up to M-town (Memphis) sometime and run our NHRA 1/4 mile
(memphismotorsportspark.com). Free steak dinner and even bed and breakfast for
you and the misses (her and the wifey can hang if they don't want to smell the
burnt rubber all day) if ya decide to come up. We've got a nice 3 bedroom home
on 3+ hilltop acres (no kids!) so we have plenty of space. I usually try to hit
the test-n-tune on Thursdays. Oh yeah - the Penzoil Nationals (or whatever they
are calling it this year) as well as the Super Chevy Show will bring the big
boys doing 315+mph runs and setting new track records almost every year. I used
to live about 1.2 miles from the track and you could almost feel the ground
shaking (definately could hear them) when those guys ran. Now I'm only about 7
miles from it but out of the ratrace of M-Town. I've got a flatbed trailer here
at the house at your disposal as well.

Ok - I'm not gonna pay you but.......uh.....how much would you charge? 8-))

Latr,

Shane

ps - I can actually handle a few drinks again (had the funnelling record in HS
at 22 beers) now that I discovered Prilosec!! (that should just about do him
in)

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"