Re: Exhaust question for V6

From: Alex Harris (jetcity@swbell.net)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 18:11:28 EST

Hey, Jason!

I, being one of those on a budget, took the route Bernd suggests here and
simply cut in the Flowmaster 50-Series Delta Flow to my stock pipe. I did
lose some low end, which seems natural when you get rid of the flow
restrictions caused by the stocker, but it really freed up the engine over
3000 RPM!

Even losing some low-end I think it was a great mod, the power gain was
quite noticeable overall and I especially love it for the highway. I plan to
compensate for the low-end by changing my rear gears from 3.21 to 3.55 or
3.92, as I do like my peppy launches! If you have the 3.55 gears, you're
already better off than I am...

Good luck,

- Alex
'00 RC SLT V6 5-Speed