Really Po-boy air intake (idea)

From: Puddlestompa@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 18:54:22 EST

First I would like to start out saying I don't know that much and often let
my imagination run wild.
I have been looking at buying a Airaid cold air intake, but recently bought a
K&N air filter and do not want to just throw it away so soon. And as I
understand the purpose of air intake systems like the Airaid is to draw the
air from around it, in the engine compartment. So my question is why can't I
just cut a large hole out of the side of the black box thing that my air
filter sits in (below the filter obviously). This would use the K&N filter
and draw air from the engine compartment like the Airaid system.
If I have made a fool of myself and I am sure I have, would someone explain
why the Airaid system would give me more horsepower. And why these type of
intake systems do not come standard on vehicles.

Aaron "The Man"
98 2WD 2.5L 4cyl RC
K&N Filter, more to come