Re: BAD CATS WAS:Re: Catalytic convertor!

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 08:57:24 EST

In a message dated 3/1/01 8:41:20 AM Eastern Standard Time, Hemipower@aol.com
writes:

> Do you think you would feel a decrease of pressure from the tail pipe?
> I used to hear that you would smell rotten egg, is this still the case?
> P. S. Mine doesn't smell. Just no power above 40. It just starts bucking
> and won't take the gas. It will slow down till it dies. Restart get to 40
> and start bucking. I am even leaning towards TPS. Comments?

I just replaced my cat last night. My exhaust didn't even sound like a V8
anymore. When I removed it it was in poor health. I couldn't see through it,
and it sounded like there was a good sized rock rattling around in there when
i shook it. I put the new 3" high flow dynomax on there and started her up.
Just IDLE ALONE the difference was incredible. It sounded like a real rumble
of a large V8. As far as performance, that was night and day. Thing hauls ass
now. I had so much backpressure the EGR sensor tube kept popping off. I
actually noticed a DECREASE in performance from idle to 1500RPM due to the
lost backpressure. That thing musta been REAL clogged.

 -Austin
Vipertruck - "The Anti-Rice"
Supercharged 6.0 V8
 <A HREF="www.angelfire.com/ny/vipertruck">The Vipertruck</A>