Re: engine cutting out!!

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 11:43:24 EST

Bad catalytic converter? When I've listened to Click &
Clack they mentioned that when a bad converter heats
up it restricts the exhaust.
Just a thought.
--- tony mastres <mastres@id.ucsb.edu> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Iv'e got a new problem with my 97 Dak. For the last
> week or so I'll be
> driving down the road and the engine will begin to
> cut out. Just kind of
> stop firing and I'll watch the tach float downard
> then bang it kicks back
> in! Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing
> this?? Thanks!
> Tony J Mastres
> Photographer
> University of California @ Santa Barbara
> Instructional Resources/Photo Services
> 1120 Kerr Hall
> Santa Barbara Ca 93106
> UPTE local 9119

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group
HD Package Skid Plates Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber,
Steel Horse Torneau cover, Autolite Double Platinum 3923 Plugs,
Removed air horns from Throttle Boddy, added new TB bolts,
Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes-Smyrna, Georgia