moron catches dakota on fire

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 22:28:21 EST

Okay, so I heard Kyle complaining about his FMS 19# injectors making it run
funny. I was about to go race this mazda miata at school so I decided to
just do a quick swap at home before leaving to go race I finish the install
and have my sister start up the truck.

WHOOSH! big giant flame on the back side of the motor (cap, rotor, dist.)
position and I panic. Thinking it was just residue of gas left over from
spilling gas everywhere, but no. it was leaking from the upper o-ring on the
injector.

15 seconds later later, a big panic, and a whole lotta water, the flame is
out. I investigate the injectors, change the injector o-rings and did a
test to see if it leaked. Fine. nodda.

I we fire it back up again and I see a little trail of smoke emerge from the
side of the injector with the bad o-ring.... I thought it was an
electrical smoke, but the wires going to the injectors weren't shorted and
to my knowledge, injectors work by being GROUNDED out... Hopefully it's
just the lower o-ring.... be the lower o-ring!!!

Oh well, I guess the FMS 19# injectors are going back in. I'm gonna check
to see if it's the lower o-ring first before anything else...

Just a recommendation to you guys, Check ur o-ring connections BEFORE
starting your truck VERY thouroughly!!! That and have a fire extinguisher
ready.
-Chuong