Re:Man transmission on 97+

From: George S Willhite (gswillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 00:22:12 EST

Is this a V6 or V8? (AX-15 or NV-3500?)

Was this Dodge service?

This sounds alot like my '97 V6, notchy
1-2nd until it warms up. If its a V8 it
sounds serious. If it were me I'd have to
recheck the fluid level myself to put my
mind at ease. You never know about some of
these service centers, including Dodge
dealers. One dealer service put 6 qts of
oil in my V6 Dakota and told me the service
guy had 20 years of experience. Of course
that ended it (I bought another vehicle at
another dealership because of it). What I'm
sayin' is play it safe and double check.
especially if the tranny worked fine before
you brought it in.

GS -

From: "Hoegen" <hoegen@kersur.net>
Subject: DML: Man transmission on 97+

Had my Man Transmission fluid changed on my 99 Dak. NOW, when it is very
cold the truck will not enter 2nd gear???!!!

Anyone have any input on this. I have already brought the truck back and the
fluid was changed and topped off again.

Thanx all