Re: Hobbies Attn: RON

From: dakotaviper (dakotaviper@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 04:12:56 EST

Yes Ron, I know what you are talking about. I've been
that route many, many times. I was very engrossed into
the mini truck seen, about ten years ago. I had an '88
Ram 50, bought new and put alot of money into it. Went
to alot of shows for three years and took home only
one trophy. Then, I went overboard. I traded it in for
a '91 Ram 50 Sports Cab. Before the truck had 50 miles
on it, I had it completely stripped. I paid $13,500
for the truck, NEW! After I was thru, I had over
$35,000 invested. You name it; it was done to the
truck. Then I hit the show circuit. Many First and
Second place trophies. While I was going to the 3rd
annual Southeastern Mini Truck Nationals in Pigeon
Forge, Tenn., I drove my exspensive new toy, directly
under a Bravada. Totalling both vehicles. Over $35,000
dollars invested; down the tube and two severely
damaged kidneys. I can't drink alcoholic beverages now
without pissing blood, even today, after 9 years.
Plus, I only had the '91 Ram 50 for almost 10 months.
Very expensive lesson learned the hard way.
So, know your limits and make sure that you consider
everything before you spend. It only takes one misstep
to lose alot!
Steven "dakotaviper" Beverly