Re: 4.7l of Dissapointment

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 18:17:23 EST

I am sure it was not the limiter, hit that many times... 118 mph at that...
I was just dissapointed, but as Matt Barrett said at 5200 RPM there is a
dead spot. I think I was at around 5300 RPM. No big deal, I feel a little
better but I am still disappointed...

Chris

>Sure you didn't hit the speed limiter? Also keep in mind that like
>other things, your truck probably has a terminal velocity (for lack of a
>better term), a point at which you will need a LARGE amount of power to
>get a speed increase, because of aerodynamics and other factors.
>
>Chris Lambert wrote:
> >
> > OK guys I was a little disappointed with the 4.7 today. While racing a guy
> > in a neon R/T (I still beat him) I was on the highway in 4th going
> > uphill. It would not accelerate past 108mph. It was floored, just ran out
> > of steam. Well in 5th it started to accelerate again but still you
> > know... Any ideas? Although after this I needed to do a burnout, went to
> > a favorite place of mine and continued to roast

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Quick D Intake,
Bosch +4's, 68mm TB and more...
http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm