Re: DML, Trust & a Thought for Discussion : Please Read

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 08:46:33 EST

At 05:33 AM 3/6/01 +0000, you wrote:
> <snip>
> In the same vein, let me throw this idea out there... What about
> making it
>easier for the "word of mouth" principle to work? I have seen some web sites
>for mailing lists where members who sell things are listed, and people who
>have
>purchased from them can post comments about that person (positive or
>negative).
>Prospective purchasers can then check out these sellers and determine for
>themselves what sort of risk they'd be taking in doing business with them.
>(Such a tool might also be used to help a buyer decide wether or not they
>might
>want to make their purchase through some sort of escrow arrangement.) Would
>something like that on the DML home page be beneficial? Something like this
>could even cover non-DML sellers, such as Summit, JC Whitney, ProGlass, etc.
>anyone that sells Dak stuff. Perhaps it could be broken down into sub-
>categories as well, such as experiences dealing with sales, after sale
>service,
>shipping speed, etc. This probably wouldn't be too hard to set up, I
>should be
>able to recycle my existing code for the dealership rating resource. (see:
>http://www.dakota-truck.net/dealer for that, and to get an idea of how it
>might
>work). Any thoughts? -Jon-

I would find that extremely valuable. I came across a site that did
that. It was
for jeep owners and allowed them to make a pro/con comments about an item
that they had bought. Example: someone purchased a MAP adjuster from
Turbo City. It now only did do anything for their engine but trashed his MAP
sensor as well. Comments covered a range of products ...

If you're interested, I'll see if I can find the URL, send it to the list,
and let
DMlers decide if it would be worthwhile.

Bob