Re: Gas mileage on the 5.2-looking to buy

From: Matt Thar (henryrollins@springmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 18:07:17 EST

I do not know about that My wife Heep GC only gets about 15 MPG w/I-6 Motor. I belive it is all how you drive. I drive it and get about 22 MPG. Still do not like the GC.

Matt Tharp
On Wed, 7 Mar 2001 14:37:21 -0800 (PST) Jack Paulson <cybermail1@yahoo.com> wrote:

Should've had a V-6 19 highway, City 17.5

--- fawcett@uism.bu.edu wrote:
> Yup, it's pretty ugly... Still love the truck
> though.
> Tom

> Separator____________________
> Subject: Re[3]: DML: Gas mileage on the
> 5.2-looking to buy
> Author: <dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET>
> Date: 3/7/01 3:54 PM
>
> Wow, someone who gets worse mileage than I do!
>
> 14.9 to 15.5 mostly 75+mph highways to and from work
> best 18.6 all highway
>
> --Mike
> www.mikesdakota.com
>
> > My '98 with 3.55 gears runs fine on 87 oct. Gas
> mileage hovers around 11-12
> > mpg city, the highest I ever got on the highway
> was a little over 16 and the
> > average mpg to date is 12.6.
> > Tom
>
> <<snip>>

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group
HD Package Skid Plates Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber,
Steel Horse Torneau cover, Autolite Double Platinum 3923 Plugs,
Removed air horns from Throttle Boddy, added new TB bolts,
Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes-Smyrna, Georgia