Re: Engine cutting out update

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 14:36:01 EST

Maybe your motor is being flooded becaues the O2 has gone psycho or gone
"out of range." It'd cut out when you apply more gas cruising highway.
then when the engine has had it's time to suck out the excess gas thru the
exhaust (unburnt because it's too damn rich) maybe a ping here or there
also.

Then. once most of the gas is out of the CCs, it doesn't foul the plugs as
bad and it fires, bang!. Check your plugs, how's ur gas mileage? I could
be totally wrong, but that's where I'd start.
-Chuong

PS. try a resistance test on your coil and spark plug wires while you're at
it.