Re: MEMPHIS 12's

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 23:30:13 EST

I personally don't like memphis stuff.

SURE.. you can hold their sub up by punching a pen into the surround by the
tip of the pen and it won't EVER tear the surrounds on those subs, but their
internals are very cheap. I've seen a LOT of them blow the Voice Coils out
under stress. I'd go with another brand of subs.

Then their amps put out a lot of power, but it's mostly class D technology
and their THD (total harmonic distortion) rates are sky high!!! meaning
distortion............ Oh well, that's my input.
-Chuong

The guy at a local audio store gave me this price.
2 12" DVC Memphis $143.97 a peice
Custom Box $150
Memphis 500watt amp $365.97
4GA AMP wires (or sumthin cant read wrighting)$49.97
LABOR $45
Total $953.83
Trick is i worked out a deal but its now goonna cost me $792.00
Is this a good deal for this equipment?
Thanks,