Re: Pre Runner Gen 2 Dakota?

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 11:17:55 EST

In a message dated 3/6/2001 12:23:35 PM Central Standard Time,
NVMYDakota@aol.com writes:

<< The thought of lifting the front has come around, but I am not sure how,
nothing is made for it, and Gen 3 parts don't work... >>

Greg..
I've already talked to a couple of different spring shops.. that have said
we can use different springs in the front ends... I'd say not to go too
overboard on the jump up.. such as.. if you have a 2.5L.. don't add springs
for a V8 and a plow.. You may get too much and not be able ot get it
aligned. I like to run 235/75R15's on mine.. but would like to go bigger.
Eventually. I'm working on designing a bracket for making an actual lift for
our Gen II 2WD front suspensions. But don't have the facilities to do it
very quickly. If you have a fab shop in your area, Or anyone on the list
does it first .. more power to us all..
The rear suspension is easy to get higher. I'd say add some bigger springs
to the front, a 2" body lift.. adn then work on the rear to bring it up to
the stance you like.
Mine do QUITE well on the trails so far, I can push through and over the
Pine trees.. when they get close to 6 inches in diam. they need a few more
nudges.
Enough ramblings..
Aaron
95 RC Sport