Re: Re: Tach Redline

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 12:03:42 EST

In a message dated 3/6/2001 11:56:04 PM Central Standard Time,
benjaminb12@peoplepc.com writes:

<< There are alot more of us 4bangers out here than I thought there would be I
 would like to see some of the performance mods that you have mad eto your
 2.5L trucks give me a website or info. ---Ben >>

There are a few mods we can do to our 2.5's.. but the only thing I've don't
to mine so far is to clean the cat and use switch to a better flowing
muffler.
Granted.. helping it breathe at high rpm will take from low end. But hell..
we've only got 4cylinders in the first place, let them rev. to make up for
a little loss of torque.. get few more rpm on it before you get off the
clutch.
There is at least one guy that has set up the turbo from a 2.2 on his Dak.
Not as dramatic.. but easier would be to have the block decked.. to bring up
the compression up to about 10.5, and run a shorter timing belt. along with
better followers on a good cam. With the AL head, I say to use the 180 like
on the 6 & 8's.. and consider a bigger radiator. just for protection.
Don't run it low on fuel.. and make sure it keeps plenty of fuel pressure.
Aaron