Re: Tranny fluid change

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 13:48:37 EST

Bob:

A wire brush wheel on a bench grinder can be handy to get the factory
cork gasket off of the pan. I just used "shop towels" to clean out the
pan, but it wasn't really dirty.

After you've done this once, you'll be real glad that you put in a drain
plug. Next time you can drain the fluid before taking off the pan. What a
concept! Sure makes life a little easier.

HTH,

Richard in San Antonio

On Thu, 08 Mar 2001 07:33:48 -0500 Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com> writes:
> Hi
>
> Just checking with the DML diyers for what's needed.
>
> Tranny pan gasket, tranny filter, 8L of ATF+3 type 7176 fluid
> (have the mopar tranny cooler). Also trying to pick up
> a tranny drain plug. What do you use to clean? Anything else
> and any tips?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
> '97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.