Re: Chipped a tooth/Rear Diff.

From: AlexReed (alexreed@home.com)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 16:32:23 EST

Do you have a LSD or the reg. diff.? Along that line, I have a question. I
was off road the other day, ('99 Dak. 2wd 318 3.55LSD) and when trying to go
up a muddy hill with the pass. side rear tire in mud and the drvr. side on
sollid ground and I could hear a loud clicking type sound that sounded like
the LSD trying to kick in. Well, here is the situation, now when I do burn
out or spin out, I only see the drvrs side wheel leave tracks and not the
pass. side. Here is the question, If the diff. broke or something, would I
know it, or would it just act like an open diff.? Thanks.

AR