Re: Re: Dakotas towing-pics??

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 15:51:33 EST

Mine howls bad in the morning, and after I get it real hot.Seems worse when
it's hot. Maybe I have the same problem?? I've heard that you shouldn't tow
in overdrive with the NV-3500, but I'm not for sure why that is?? I won't
say anything about your speeds, except-you made good time! I sure hope that
trailer had some brakes on it!!! When you say that it was pushing the limits
of the chassis, did you notice the frame flexing or did it just "feel" like
it wouldn't handle much more? Yeah, once you go Hotchkis, you can pretty
much forget about towing! I hooked up to my waverunner('92 yamaha weighing
aboout 600 lbs+galvanized trailer) to move it back to the house from my
grandfather's and I could easily tell that it was about all the springs were
going to take.I bottomed out numerous times over places that weren't a
problem on the way over there. It didn't like it at all. I have since
"trimmed" my bumpstops about 3/8". It gave me some more travel, but I still
don't think it'd handle too much like it is. I don't like it bottoming
out,so I'll either be getting an airbag assist system, or just have swap
leafs back and forth.Thanks for the info, I am looking forward to some pics
of it hooked up! TTYL,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html