Re: New truck questions - 4x4, trannies, etc (long one)

From: JOE GLOWICKI (shelback@i-star.com)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 21:17:00 EST

i have a 2k cc 4x4 3.55posi 4.7 auto, 35k miles, 31x10.5x15 bfg ko's
 no ac/no power windows anything. ok let me give you my .02$

1)i never wanted a 4x2 living in northern michigan we get a lot of snow
        this winter i have driven in snow 1/2 way up the grill with no
        problem. in mud that was 8" deep and didn't get stuck. i have
        used the the recmened service, but do change eng. oil& fliter
         at 5k.Mobil 1.

2) never had any teuble with the auto, but some on the list have.like
        going into drive whin wanting rev./hard shifting/rpm's up&down

3)you do not want part time 4x4 used on dry/wet payment.it weres out
your
        u joints and tranfer case but the good news is you can get
        full time 4x4.
good luck with your new dak which everone you get.