Re: 4.7 Borla Headers; Big Disappointment

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 11:25:36 EST

I had headers installed on my 98 318 and my 99 R/T. No noticeable change in
sound on either. The 318 actually lost bottom end but the R/T did not. The
G-Tech showed about a 12 hp gain to the ground on the R/T though and my gas
mileage improved about 1 mpg. I have the Mopar headers and have had no problems
installing and no leaks either. they have a heavy flange and are well made.
The following remark is about the new 4.7 engine and Borla headers.