Re: Air/Fuel Gauges

From: Crit Bennett (crit@engineer.com)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 23:39:18 EST

My personal favorite for connections like an A/F gauge with 3 conductors, or an
IAT pot is to use stereo cable. Solder a little female 3-conductor to the
gauge input and use a patch cable from Radio Shack. They're leakproof and very
low-profile for those of us under warrantee. For the IAT I was able to tap
into the wiring harness 2 ft from the PCM along the firewall, and just drop a
little black cable back into the cab. It's also good for putting the gauge in
someone else's vehicle. The friend that gave me my A/F meter has a male +12,
Gnd, O2 stereo wire under his carpet so he can borrow mine when he's at the
track.

Crit

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 19:48:08 -0600
> From: Shane Moseley <smoseley@ix.netcom.com>
> Subject: Re: DML: Air/Fuel Gauges

<< Snip >>

> > If you're pretty sure that you are going to electrical gauges,
> consider
> > attaching
> > a wiring connectors box under the dash, connect the power
> > wires/ground/sending unit
> > wire to this box on the input side. On the gauge side of the box,
> connect
> > the wires
> > from the gauge to the appropriate connectors. This way, it gives you
> the
> > flexibility
> > to remove the gauge without removing the input wires. I have done
> this.
>
> Good idea. After installing more than a couple gauges on the same
> vehicle - you
> will wish you had one 8)
>
> Latr,
>
> Shane
>
> - --

Sent through Cyberbuzz- A Server for the Students
http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/