Re: ATTN:Joe K: Avoid Paxton? (WAS: Changing a camshaft)

From: KenneallyIII@Gateway.net
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 18:14:20 EST

1. First blower lasted exactly two months longer than the 1 year warranty. It
completely locked up in spite of religious fluid changes (2000 miles -just
like paxton requires).Incidentally, the truck has been used for no hard
hauling or towing since the engine was re-built for a blower system and that
damned paxton paperweight was installed (hasn't been to the track, either).
2. Bought a second blower - First blower would have cost $750 to fix (with
only a 30 day warranty). Paid $150 more for a new blower w/ a 1 year warranty:
  A. It arrived damaged- Paxton had to be coaxed (I'm being polite, here)
into honoring the warranty
  B. It started to fail after only 4000 miles (1 fluid change done at 2000
mi).
3. The power gain from the paxton (SN2000 7 psi unit) is not that
remarkable. The majority od the miles I've put on the re-built engine have
been without the blower due to all the reliability problems. It's only
slightly slower than when a working paxton is installed. Also- forget about
getting any kind of low-end power improvement from one of these.
   - Joe