Re: dynomax racemagnums on 4.7

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 23:33:42 EST

In a message dated 3/13/2001 9:18:59 PM Mountain Standard Time,
silva@rio.bravo.net writes:

> i was asking about putting a flowmaster on my truck and someone on here
> said that they were the worst flowing muff. i have a dynomax racemagnum in
> my garage would this be better? straight through design wouldnt this
> muffler be to loud?
> thanks
> arnold

Well it depends on the type of Race Magnum, I have a 4" bullet that's 12"
long, it's louder thana 40 series Flwomaster (which is a good flwoing
muffler don't know who told you it wasn't) but I just installed a Race
Magnum that was the oval and about 18" long on my dad's Ram. Still a free
flow design but a FAR larger case, it's really quite, very deep smooth tone,
I love it, but I simply like being loud and obnoxious.. It all depends on
the muffler, theres too many "race Magnums" out there to tell ya, if it's got
a big case, it's still flow great but be quite, it you want loud get htat 4"
bullet design....

Greg