Re: Re: New stereo install

From: Mike Styer (m_styer@go.com)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 01:35:35 EST

I totally agree with you Will. I put part of the blame on Chrysler for not pursuing the aftermarket support more aggressively. The only two vehicles they have really let asked the aftermarket to support were the PT Cruiser (not a truck) and the Dakota Quad Cab when it was first released. Ford and Chevy EVERY year have a dozen aftermarket manufacturers souping up one of their trucks. People see those concept/custom trucks, and think, "Ooh! I could do that easy!"

Like that post the other day that took us to the Chevy main site to see the Fox Racing Silverado. That was a nice truck, that if I went to the dealer right now, I could walk away with something that looked almost just like the concept/custom (if I had more than $9 dollars to my name that is ;) Why are there more Dodge concept/customs like that? True they did pursue the Quad Cab aspects, but honestly most of those trucks turned out to be EXTREMELY custom (the red monster or the one with the complete vehicle tubing). Do they show the potential of the truck? I question that. Do they look cool? I question that too. Chrysler almost did it right with the PT Crusier. They sent our a bunch of the new cute cars, and while there were some extreme examples, most were something anyone would be excited about being able to customize like that themselves. But then Chrysler screwed up by not making enough of the things.

And as for the original subject of this thread...why in the hell do they need a din and 1/2 radio? If they want simplicity, a simple din sized radio would look great and they might be able to put a more functional cupholder or something in the available space...

Air too thin...altitude..too high..must climb off..the soap box :)....Ah thats better :)
Mike S.
93 Dak
...wishing someone made a performance camshaft for the Magnum V6