Re: Factory Batteries SUCK!--need new one TODAY!

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 13:43:41 EST

In a message dated 3/14/01 1:36:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com writes:

> Just a little venting here and a query on a good battery. My
> battery (my third factory battery--all replaced under warranty)
> went from fine to unable to hold a charge in 24 hours! I
> started my truck fine yesterday morning. I went to lunch and it
> hesitated a little bit when I started it. Then, when I went to
> go home last night, it barely had enough juice to get it to turn
> over. So, I knew the inevitable was going to happen this
> morning, and I was right, so I had to jump it to go into work
> today. The truck is no longer on the regular warranty and from
> what I read, the extended warranty I have does not cover the
> battery. SO, I'm in need of a new battery TODAY! I'm going to
> call around and see if I can find a red top Optima somewhere.
> What other gel-type batteries are out there that I should
> consider? I hate having to buy something like this on the spur
> of the moment. Oh well . . . what can you do? Thanks for
> reading my rant!

Get a diehard....I changed my factory one to a diehard the 1st week i got the
truck and not only did it start faster, the noise through the radio
diminished. I may have used that stock battery about 12 times, but 4 months
later tried to charge it and it wouldn't hold. Talk about junk!
    The main reason I say get a diehard is 4 years into owning the battery I
had an accident and it cracked a plate. Sears upgraded my battery and
installed it for me for $12 out of pocket. $12 for a new, upgraded battery,
installed?? Been sold ever since.