Best value on Synthetic (Mobile1) oil change....still

From: Mike's Dakota (mikesdakota@home.com)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 00:03:43 EST

I took my 5.2 Dak into get the oil changed today. I thought I would stop by
the Jiffy-Lube down the street and see what they do a full synthetic change
for.......OK....it might save me a 8 mile trip. I pull it in there the
little kid comes out and asks me what service I would like. I told him I
want Mobile1 full synthetic, their "house" brand of full synthetic is
Pennzoil so I would have to pay more for Mobile1. OK....so how much
already? $58...but wait we will vacuum out your car and do your windows
too!!!!!!!! Baaahaaaaa!!!!! So, I decide to go down to my regular place
and drive an extra 8 miles. Wal-Mart, I know I know but for $27 they even
topped off my differentials with Mobile1 gear lube (I supplied) and lubed
the chassis, you really can't beat it, well that price actually recently
went up from $21, someone must have figured how much they were losing on the
full synthetic changes. I tried to justify doing it myself....I cant.
Mobile1 runs $4.70 a qt X 6qts = $28.20 filter $3.00 + .25 for each swear
word = at least $31.00 and more likely an additional allowance of $5.00 for
swear words.