Re: Sick day project (E-fan switch)

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 14:20:05 EST

I didn't get a chance to add my switch yesterday. Does anyone know where a
convenient wire to tap into would be? I got a little toggle switch and some
16 gauge wire from Home Depot, I assume this is adequate hardware. It looks
like the e-fan wires are on the lower side of the fan, so I guess to get to
them I need to pull off the plastic guard under the truck.

I did get my drag slicks mounted on AR-767 wheels yesterday. I took them to
Sears to mount. All the employees came over to watch since most of them had
never heard of racing a pick up. Well I made some friends/fans there. The
wheels and slicks look kinda intimidating. By the way the 28"x12" slicks
weigh 22.5lbs and the AR767 15x8" rims weigh 27.5lbs each.

Jay W
4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black
Mods Profile page at
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Re5X8z5la@Ix2/profile.htm

Anyways, I want to put in a manual switch for the electric fan in my
4.7L. What I have in mind is running an ignition wire (not an "always
on" because I'll forget to turn it off) through a little toggle switch
in parallel to the wires that are already there. This way I can get
under the hood, flip the switch and the e-fan will run no matter the
temp or AC position...

What I'm asking is where or the wires to the fan (drivers side,
passengers side, lower, upper)? And where would be a good place to find
an ignition wire to tap into? What size wire would work?

Thanks guys,

Jay W