Re: Correct Coil

From: Daniel D (barracuda19@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 20:46:14 EST

Well it really wasn't re-wiring. i left the stock coil in place in case i
ever need it again, i took the wire and cut off the plug, i had to re-route
it to be able to reach the fender. The green wire is the positve, i crimped
some connectors on the end and put them on the coil. It wasn't a big
difference, i noticed a little better top end, and it runs smoother. Gas
milage was about the same, a little higher, an average of 13. I had to go to
NAPA and get some replacement end for the coil wire. the ends are
differenet. stock coil is a male plug while the Blaster 2 is a female plug.
You can get the mounting bracket from a parts store for around $5. Make sure
where you mount it, the screws woun't hit the tire, and you aren't
stretching the wires going to, and from the coil. Anything else, ask.

Daniel
http://www.angelfire.com/la3/finedak