RE: Re: [Burnt CD's in Car Sterios] was [new Kenwood mp3 radio]

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 19:06:26 EST

> Hey guys, Been lurking for months, and y'all finally got
> arount to something I know about.. I burn CD's for use in my Dak ('99
with the
> stock premium audio) and I have learned that the only thing that makes a
> difference on burnt CD's is.. you guessed it.. The CD's themselves!! If
you can
> hold the cd up to the light and SEE through it, It probably won't play. I
> have found that my STOCK radio likes Memorex 80 min MUSIC CDR's. Standard
> (data) cd's won't work (I have tried 3 different Memorex, 2 Imation, TDK
and Maxell)
> and some of the audio CD's I have tried (TDK and MAxell) don't play
either.
> It is much cheaper to switch brands than switch head units....
>
> -Barry

Also what speed you are burning them at. Case in point I have audio CD's
burned in 1x,2x,4x, and 8x. In my Dakota using the stock ChryCo Disc changer
the fastest I could go burning a CD was 2x. With the new DC deck in my Neon
I can play up to 8x speed disc's, but one good bump and it's mistracking
like anything, but with the lower speeds I bet I could kick the changer and
not miss a beat.

Greg
NE# 3779
2K1 Neon ES