RE: Modded the TB

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 21:10:00 EST

Austin, if you use a 3M roloc abrasive disk (aka a "whizwheel") on the top
of the TB, it'll give it a nice uniform appearence you can grind off the
cast-in letters, etc... works really well!

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

-
-Well I was sitting at home watching TV with thoughts of the ultimate DAK
-roaring through my head (it's really rather pathetic the way some
-of us eat,
-breathe, dream these trucks). I figure since I got nothing better
-to do, and
-I had the urge to go faster, I decided to go outside and mess with my TB.
- Removed it from the truck and hacked all the tabs off the top
-of it, and
-used a belt sander to sand the top surface smooth. Then I took out
-the good
-ole dremel and went to work creating a smooth entryway from the
-top of the TB
-into the ports. I finished it off with my own s-bolt (made it from
-brass as
-opposed to steel after remembering old posts of steel fatiging and
-shattering...figured brass is more resistant). TB looked pretty good. I
-couldn't get it as clean as a CNC robotic arm, but the basics were there.
-
-How did it perform you ask?
-
-Hauls ass! I don't know if it's just an optimistic butt-dyno or
-what, but it
-certainly felt faster. 1st flies by too quick to tell a
-difference, but 2nd
-and 3rd when allowed to wind out feels pretty fast. I recommend
-everyone in
-this list to get a hacksaw, grab a dremel, and do this mod. It
-took me only
-90 minutes, and it cost me only $1.94 (the cost of the bolt). Worst case
-scenario, it doesn't do a damn thing, but you still have a mod to
-brag about.
-Best case, you pick up throttle response and HP.
-
-Happy Hacking!!
-
--Austin