Starting trouble.. well sort of

From: Jared Kaplan (blizzard@gis.net)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 23:07:24 EST

Hey... well I changed my oil last week and instead of using the regular
10W-40, I switched to synthetic and AutoZone recommended I use 5W-30
instead. Ever since I put that in it seems to be that the engine is taking
some extra turns to start up when its not warmed up. However, right after I
changed the oil I filled up my gas tank from a Mobil I have not been to
before. I figured at first it was bad gas, then I just filled up 3/4 tank
today with new gas, and just started it up after cooling off and its still
taking longer to start. So, my question is, can oil that is too lightweight
have an impact on the starting? BTW, it is Synthetic and before I was using
regular if that has any impact on the answer. Also, as for the climate, I'm
in Massachusetts... so generally 40s this time of year during the day.

Any help is great! I want to get the 5W-30 out of there immediately if it
is going to cause engine problems.

Jared