RE: RE: Starting trouble.. well sort of

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 00:06:41 EST

It's that nasty ol yankee air in Massachewshits :) seriously tho..... how
many miles on the truck? Are you certain it's become harder to start after
the oil change? Perhaps it's gradually been taking a lil longer over the
last 1k miles or so??

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

-Hey... well I changed my oil last week and instead of using the regular
-10W-40, I switched to synthetic and AutoZone recommended I use 5W-30
-instead. Ever since I put that in it seems to be that the engine is taking
-some extra turns to start up when its not warmed up. However, right after I
-changed the oil I filled up my gas tank from a Mobil I have not been to
-before. I figured at first it was bad gas, then I just filled up 3/4 tank
-today with new gas, and just started it up after cooling off and its still
-taking longer to start. So, my question is, can oil that is too lightweight
-have an impact on the starting? BTW, it is Synthetic and before I was using
-regular if that has any impact on the answer. Also, as for the climate, I'm
-in Massachusetts... so generally 40s this time of year during the day.
-
-Any help is great! I want to get the 5W-30 out of there immediately if it
-is going to cause engine problems.
-
-Jared
-